Get F'IT: Specializing in asset management and technology in Denmark: Opportunities and challenges
The Danish asset management sector has a highly developed digital infrastructure, competent asset managers and enjoyed the influence from strong institutional investors. The sector is competitive and creates jobs in Denmark.
Denmark possesses strong competences in asset management. Danish asset managers are internationally recognized for their high returns. Within the last 10-15 years, a cluster of strong competences within asset management has emerged and gained international awareness. At the end of 2014, the Danish asset management industry managed savings of over $250 billion. This is an increase of over $45 billion compared to the year before.
BUT technology is changing the asset management business. Even in this highly regulated environment there are many opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and services such as cloud-based services, behavioral sciences, performance enhancing techniques into the investment decision making process and big data.
In this Get F’IT we discuss the challenges asset management is facing and the opportunities for the Danish Asset Management sector, fintech companies and the rest of the ecosystem:
- What are the strength and weaknesses for Danish companies in asset management?
- How can Danish actors utilize the opportunities of new technology and globalization?
- What will it take for the Danish asset management cluster to stay competitive and continue to create Danish jobs?
You can hear presentations and engage in the discussion with:
- Anders Klinkby, CEO of the Danish Investment Fund Association who represents the Danish investment funds
- Omar Shaikh, Founder of Cocoa Invest. A UK banker who decided to start a fintech company with a base in Denmark
- Sinan Gabel, Founder the fintech startup RiskButler
- 15.30-16.00: Coffee and registration
- 16.00-16.10: Welcome by Anette Broløs , CEO at CFIR
- 16.10-18.00: Specializing in investment management and technology in Denmark: Opportunities and challenges.
- Presentations from:
- Anders Klinkby, CEO, Danish Investment Fund Association (IFB).
- Omar Shaikh, Founder Cocoa Invest
- Sinan Gabel, Founder Riskbutler
- Followed by a discussion with the participants
- 18.00-18.30: Network and tapas
Questions:If you have any question concerning the event, feel free to contact Bsiness Consultant Kasper Jørgensen, email@example.com.
Price: Free for members of CFIR. See if your organization is a member of CFIR here. For non-members the price is 499 Danish Kr. Contact Senior Consultant Anders Pall Skött, firstname.lastname@example.org, to get in touch concerning a membership, or read more here.
Omar Shaikh, Founder Cocao Invest
Omar previously worked in London for companies such as Schroders PLC within the Hedge Fund arm as well as for Capita Financial representing regulated funds at board level for the UK’s largest Authorised Corporate Director and consults on HNW portfolio construction. Frustrated by the lack of transparency and often-poor ethics commonplace in the financial industry he decided to launch COCOA Invest with the aim of simplifying investing and making it more accessible to retail investors.