Time-limited associate professor in Financial Technology and Distributed Ledger Technology
The Department of Computer Science at the University of Copenhagen (DIKU) invites applications for a 4-year time-limited associate professorship in financial technology and distributed ledger technology.
The associate professor will join the department’s Programming Languages and Theory of Computation (PLTC) Section (https://di.ku.dk/english/research/pltc/). The section's research involves a wide range of topics covering programming language theory (e.g., semantic, logical and algorithmic aspects of programming and formal verification) and applications (e.g., computer security and privacy, systems, distributed ledger technology, and fintech).
The PLTC section is part of a vibrant and expanding research environment (https://di.ku.dk/english/research/) at the University of Copenhagen, with a variety of collaboration opportunities across different areas of computer science and other fields of research.
Applicants are expected to have a strong publication record in the general area of financial technology and distributed ledger technology, including research publications at premier venues within the area. All outstanding applicants within the general area will be considered, but research areas of special interest include:
- Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and its application for financial markets (e.g., clearing and settlement of financial products, OTC trades and derivatives, or regulation.)
- Portfolio Optimization, portfolio evaluation and the utilization (e.g., feature selection, stochastic programming).
- Information Systems and design science research methodology (e.g., DSR for innovative financial products, KYC/AML, or trade processing)
- Stochastic programming, feature selection (e.g., modelling of financial infrastructure, interest rates, or investment decisions).
- Distributed Systems, distributed applications, centralisation/decentralisation in system design and management (e.g., building of applied financial systems, or considerations for building distributed systems for organizations).
- Economics: Mechanism design with financial incentives (E.g., incentive models, or sharing of complex computations)
Applicants are required to have university level teaching experience, documented teaching competencies and must be able to explain and reflect upon own teaching practice and portfolio. Formal pedagogical training or supervision equivalent to the University of Copenhagen teacher training programme for assistant professors is required, or must be commenced shortly after starting work in the position. It is preferred that the applicant has a wide-range of research-based teaching experience on all levels of the university education.
Duties include the applicant’s own research, assessment tasks, grant applications, and research management such as supervision and training of master’s and PhD students. The successful applicant must also teach, supervise, prepare and participate in examinations, and fulfill other tasks requested by the Department.
Assessment of applicants will primarily consider their level of documented, original scientific production at an international level, and their documented teaching qualifications. Managerial and outreach qualifications of applicants, including the ability to attract external funding and collaborating with both academic and industry partners, will also be considered.
The position is open from November 1, 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Terms of employment
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
Commencing salary is currently up to DKK 481.751 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 82.379). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The application including all attachments must be in English and submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- Curriculum vitae including information about external funding
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Research plan – description of current and future research plans
- Description and documentation of teaching experience and qualifications according to university guidelines
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of 5 particularly relevant papers
The deadline for applications is Sunday 5 July 2020, 23:59 GMT +2.
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee.
You can read about the recruitment process at https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/.
Interviews/trial lectures will be held on 25 September 2020.
Please refer to the following no. in future communication in this case: 211-0240/20-2E.