DIKU's strategy runs over a five-year period from 2018 - 2023. It is developed in the framework of the University of Copenhagen's new strategy (2023) and follows DIKU's previous 2017 strategy. It reflects upon the University of Copenhagen's assessment report of DIKU from 2017 and DIKU's Workplace Assessment in 2016. In addition, EU's Societal Challenges and UN's Sustainability Goals have been sources of inspiration for the strategy.
We perform teaching and research within the span of the three corners of Computer Science: Algorithms, Humans, and Data. This brings DIKU in contact with many application areas and societal themes, and we favour collaborations across disciplines and borders and with direct impact on society. In this strategic period, we will focus on the following six strategic themes: Artificial Intelligence, Computers in Everything, Digitised Society, Digital Security and Privacy, Digital Health, Quantum Computing and Sustainability.
- We perform research in computer science and in applications thereof.
- We educate top graduates in computer science, and related interdisciplinary fields.
- We actively engage in fostering technological innovation for society.
- We play an international leading role in our existing research fields, and we have initiated new strong groups.
- We are leading several major research endeavours.
- We are actively engaged with society on current and future IT-related issues.
- We reside on a single campus near key collaborators.
- The department is an attractive place to work for both employees and students.
- We have substantially increase the number of high quality graduates within both CS and relevant related and interdisciplinary fields.
- Our researchers and students have access to world class compute resources and support enabling them to tackle the hardest and most important problems.
- We improve IT-related research and education at the entire UCPH.
- We improve knowledge of and skills in Computer Science at all levels of education from primary school to vocational training.